In general, when insurance proceeds are insufficient to pay repair costs, the association must levy a special assessment to cover the shortfall. But most governing documents describe a procedure for dissolving the association and selling the property following a very large uninsured or underinsured loss. These procedures are intended to provide an alternative to a special assessment so large that most owners could not pay it.

Notice: Only variables should be assigned by reference in /www/wp-content/plugins/ultimate-faqs/Main.php on line 344

Comment on this FAQ