We're proud to announce that our company has earned the Accredited Association Management Company® (AAMC®) accreditation from Community Associations Institute. We are the only AAMC in Southwest Washington, and one of only three in the Portland metro area. We are the ONLY management company that has both the AMO and AAMC designations in Oregon and Washington!
The AAMC accreditation is the only recognition awarded to companies that specialize in community association management. It demonstrates our company's commitment to providing the unique and diverse services community associations need. It ensures that our staff has the skills, experience, and integrity to help communities succeed. Our managers have advanced training and a demonstrated commitment to the industry—just the type of professionals that community association boards are seeking.
The following must be satisfied in order to earn the AAMC accreditation:
- The company must have provided association management services for at least three years.
- The senior manager must hold the Professional Community Association Manager (PCAM) designation. Our President, Carmen Villarma, has earned this designation.
- At least 50% of the company’s managers who have been with the company for at least two years must hold at least one of three credentials:
- The PCAM, the pinnacle of professional achievement in the community association field;
- The Association Management Specialist (AMS), a highly respected designation that many managers use as a stepping stone to the PCAM;
- The Certified Manager of Community Associations (CMCA), a credential that recognizes individuals who have demonstrated the fundamental knowledge required to manage community associations.
- Maintain fidelity, general liability, and worker's compensation insurance in addition to meeting federal, state and local laws.
- Comply with the CAI Professional Manager Code of Ethics.
The AAMC requires an ongoing commitment. To maintain the credential, all staff members must have at least 12 hours of continuing education every two years. At AMS, we are committed to ongoing education of our staff and leadership team.