Summer has finally arrived, and that means it’s a good time to review your pool rules to make sure your association isn’t violating the Fair Housing Act. Here are a few discriminatory rules that you should NOT include:
- No children under 3 years of age allowed in the pool.
- No more than 2 children per adult allowed in the pool area.
- No Disabled person can use the hot tub without another nondisabled adult present for safety reasons.
- Disabled persons must use the shallow end of the pool only.
- Only toilet trained children are allowed in the pool area at any time.
- Any person wearing a diaper is not permitted in the pool at any time.
- Children under 18 years of age must be accompanied by an adult to use the pool at any time.
- Children under 6 years of age must use the kiddie pool.
- Children are not permitted to use the pool during Adult Swim times.
- Children can only use the NW pool; other pools are for adults only.
Read this article for detailed explanations about why these rules are discriminatory.